Scholarship Legal Language
The WatchBox Scholarship
1. ELIGIBILITY: The $2,500 WatchBox Scholarship is open only to individuals who maintain a credit average of 2.5 GPA or higher (or equivalent). Applicants, in order to qualify, must be sixteen years of age or older at the time of application and be currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (college, university or conservatory). Current employees, officers, directors and agents of WatchBox or any of its related companies, members of their respective immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) and persons residing at the same address, are not eligible for the Scholarship. Void where prohibited by law. For incoming Freshman, applicants must be a current student and have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale and must have taken either the ACT or SAT test. Applicants must also be, at least, a high school or home school senior graduating or earning a GED and planning on attending and have proof of acceptance to an accredited college or university by Fall semester 2021.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, submit a complete scholarship Application online at thewatchbox.com. Limit one (1) Application per person. All Applications become the property of WatchBox and will not be returned. By submitting an Application, you fully agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of WatchBox, which are final and binding.
3. TIMING: Scholarship application must be submitted no later than September 30th, 2021 at Midnight (12:00am) Eastern Time.
4. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNER:
5. SCHOLARSHIP: One (1) winner will, if so selected in accordance with the terms hereof, receive a Scholarship Prize in the amount of $2,500. The Scholarship Prize will be in the form of a check made payable to the qualified institution reflected on the winner's Declaration. Scholarship Prize Recipient must submit proof of enrollment on or before September 30th, 2021 to be eligible to receive such check. The Scholarship Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of WatchBox. The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules and subject to WatchBox’s verification of Applicant and Applicant’s submission.
7. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, the Scholarship Prize Recipient agrees that WatchBoxmay, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Website, WatchBox, the Scholarship Program, or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by WatchBox.
8. CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION. These Official Rules, and the Scholarship and Application contemplated hereby, shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to its laws governing conflicts of law. Each Applicant, and all heirs, successors, assigns, agents and representatives thereof submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania or the applicable State Courts located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to WatchBox as follows: (i) the Application, including the written response submission is the Applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above; and (v) the Application and all contents thereof are true and correct in all respects. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold WatchBox and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities and their respective members, managers, officers, directors, shareholder, partners, employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
10. GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that WatchBox, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company’s respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant’s ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any award, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. WatchBox assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
11. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE. In the event WatchBox is prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then WatchBox shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Scholarship Program. Watchbox reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program for any reason at any time without notice.
12. GENERAL PROVISIONS. WatchBox reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Scholarship Program or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by WatchBox to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. WatchBox’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
13. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
14. SPONSOR: The Scholarship Program is sponsored by WatchBox.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about Watchbox Scholarship Programs.
166 E Levering Mill Road
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004